Wednesday 28 September 2011

Huff and Puff

Savvy has pushed for some challenging discussions in the past:

  1. Evolution – the monkeys – where is my tail?
  2. War – the Nazis – who are they and where do I find one?
  3. Medicine –  when my cut heals how do skin cells regenerate?
  4. Regret/guilt – remember when you were pregnant and I was so so so mad and kicked you in the tummy.  And you were crying and I was crying and we were both crying so hard?  Why am I almost crying now remembering?
  5. Death/reincarnation – but how will the worms eat my flesh and how will the new butterfly know to grow from my dust?
So when Savvy asked me what types of things would put someone in jail, I thought I owed her an honest and relatively mature answer.  I talked her through

1.                   Assault
2.                   Breaking and entering, and
3.                   Drunk driving

Clearly I was mistaken in missing out Huff and Puff.   After I was finished, quite proud of my thorough examples, Savvy, frustrated, asked:

“So does the big bad wolf go to jail for blowing down the piggy’s house?”

*Note to reader on this original blog entry. The judge has picked up that I have confused arson with mischief (Huff and Puff).  Why did I make the mistake? Because eventually the piggies make it to the last house which stands firm but the piggies see the wolf coming down the fireplace and light him up.  There was fire and I got mixed up!   I'm sure it won't be long before Savvy picks these errors up for me:)

1 comment:

Nonno said...

I said she would be a future P.M. but probably going via the legal profession after Nana, what a mind??