Friday 26 August 2011

The Worst Jet Lag. Ever.


 One night at about 2am Savvy decided to go to battle and put into practice some impressive psychological warfare.  She would not sleep and it was a few nights in from our return from Canada, so we were insisting that she go back down with no playing, tv or snacks.  Dob ran point and was in for a 3 hour epic.  The things Savage hollered from her room, swapping between wild maniac and calm cute kitty:

1.      SAVAGE:  I AM VERY VERY VERY ANGRY.  I AM GOING TO COME OUT AND POKE YOU IN THE EYE!!!
2.        kitty: daddy, daddy daddy.  Please let me out of the room.  I want to give you a cuddle. I love you.
3.      SAVAGE: DAD. DAD. DAD?  ANSWER ME!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY NAUGHTY.  I AM SO SO SO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
4.        kitty: daddy. Oh daddy. I am so very hungry.  My tummy is rumblin’. It’s rumblin daddy.  Please let’s have a snack.
5.      SAVAGE: I AM GOING TO COUNT TO THREE AND THEN KICK YOU.  ARE YOU READY? (pause) ONE (pause) TWO (pause) THREE.  DADDY I WANT OUT SO I CAN KICK YOU. LET ME OUT!!!
And my favourite:
6.        kitty: mommy. mommy can you hear me? Do you know what your husband is doing? Do you? Do you? Help me, please. Help.

And yes, sav, I can hear the whole ordeal as I am awake in our room with Mackinley who is also screaming the night away since:
-          he has jet lag too
-          he has a cold
-          he cries when his sister cries, the sensitive wee lad

When Dob finally made it to bed, he said: Did that just happen?  I didn’t answer because I was too busy making the list of neighbours we had to visit in the morning to make sure they knew we weren’t torturing our four year old. awkward.

So, yes uncle rick, there is plenty of room on “the boat” for Dads!

Eight nights gone and we are only just starting to crack it. Good times. 

1 comment:

Steve Macbeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.