Saturday 20 August 2011

My shiny necklace

My 10 Year celebration necklace from MegaDob has been a huge hit with the kids.

When Savvy has her eye on something, she often says:

"When I'm an adult and you are done with [enter precious item], can I have it?"
Aunt Lynnie got a lot of this with her clothes.
We often answer without thinking much, just glad she'd not trying to take it from us now:
"Of course.  No problem.  I'll save it for you."

With my necklace, she asked the above question and I said:
"Well, you can certainly burrow it for special occasions."
Then there was a long pause and -true story, with Glen as my witness-, Savvy said, quite carefully and softly:
"When are you going to die?"
I knew where this was headed, I'm no monkey. But I thought I would play along:
"Not for ages Savvy, all going well.  Not for years and years and years."
Long pause.  Then from Savvy:
"Well, [making a jeez I wish it was sooner face], when you do die, can I have your necklace?"

At least Mac is plain and simple about the necklace.  He is hypnotised by the shininess and just tries to rip it off.   Either way, I think I need to watch my back when I sleep.  Oh wait, we are all so massively jet lagged - there is no sleep!

3 comments:

Nonno said...

Good job I've nothing that she wants.

Nonno said...

Here's one for you Sav.
Little girl visiting next door, "I am four" reply "Very good, when are you five?" Her look says are you thick or something. "On my next birthday".

Sage the Dog said...

We need a pic of this necklace please.