Monday 31 October 2011

There's a story behind this dress...


Late coming down from an Aberdeen work trip. Off the train in the Bridge, hoof it home, swap bags over, hoof it back to station to train to Glasgow for an event. On the train. If I get in at 615pm, to the hotel at 630pm, then showered and ready for 7pm, all will be ok.

Train doors close. Train pulls away. Give a Halloween shriek out loud. Dress is back at the flat.

Arrive at 615...who is open? Go into the first shop I see. A bit too trendy (young), but open and cheap. I ask to see their black dresses. A nice girl (teenager!?) brings a few out. I ask to see some a bit loooooonger. There are none.

And that is why I went to my event hosting 20 guests looking like a hooker. No shot of legs available. But here's Laurel - a great coach whose swimmer one a great award.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What you talking about?? you look amazing!! I'm sure savy has that dress earmarked to go with her shiny necklace :-)

Nonno said...

Looks very good to me. You don't look as though you should be in a scrum. Jacob is a hooker,(middle position in the front row of a rugby scrum).

Rob, Dob, Howard & Co. said...

Please understand that the skirt part of the dress is about 2 inches. The dress is only just long enough for Savvy now!