Tuesday 28 September 2010

Imagination

Yes, Sav's developing a lovely "imagination"... of the Pinocchio variety. And what's a bit more worrying - although we've read that it's normal and part of growing up etc, none of her mates seem to be doing the same (...yet!?).

Sav (S): I just did a pee all on my own
MegaDob (MD): Great, did you wash your hands? (She hadn't)
S: Yup (100% confident)
MD: You sure?
S: Yup, see? Used soap and water and dried them too (100% confident)
MD: Hmm, I don't think I heard the tap?
S: Yup, you did (nodding head in encouragement, still 100% confident).
MD: Ok, Sav, just to check for the last time, are you sure you washed your hands?
S: Yes, I did wash my hands, BUT (finger up, making her point crystal clear, still 100% confident), I am just going to wash them again, ok?
MD: Ok, sounds good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to inform you but I have a 6(nearly 7) year old that does the same. I ask everytime........
me-"Jess, have you washed your hands?"
jess -"Yes, feel!!"
I do worry that what she touches me with is infact wet pee hands!!!
I asked this morning, like every morning,
me-"Jess have you brushed your teeth?"
jess-"yes"
me-" are you sure?"
jess-"YES!!"
me-"let me smell your breath then!!"
jess-"ok I'll do them"
Its a little girl thing :-)

Maman said...

Hmmm! This all sounds vaguely familiar to me.

Nana