Tuesday 6 July 2010

Bunny Number Three

Half way through my solo parenting stint with Dob away for 10 days in France at a mtn bike race before we join him and N&N&T for some camping. Savvy has already packed her bag but doesn't seem to buy the message that more sleep will get us to the airport faster. Late nights and 5 am starts. Torture.

Last night, after a million other stall tactics:

Sav: I will NOT go to bed until I have my third bunny.
Mom: I don't think you have a third bunny [she doesn't].
Sav: Yes I do, and I can only find Flat Bunny and Nanna Bunny, but where's my third bunny?
Mom: You don't have a third bunny Sav, time for bed.
Sav: I do.
Mom: What's he called then?
Sav: Bunny.
Mom: And what does he look like?
Sav, deadpan: He has tall floppy ears, whiskers, and two big front teeth.
Mom, depressed by her own stupidity: Ok, any features particular to this bunny?
Sav: A bushy tail.
Mom, defeated: Ok, well, I think Bunny Number Three is pretend and it's time for bed with or without him.
Sav: I look for him [search, search, rustle rustle] - Look, here he is, I found him!!! [Oops, turns out there is a bunny number 3].
Sav cuddles up all three bunnies and goes to sleep with a smile.
She doesn't say anything.
She doesn't have to.

3 comments:

Scalthwaiterigg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scalthwaiterigg said...

Sav,
I have a very clever person (called Nonna). When I can't find anything she always says "Look underneath" and she is always right. See you SOON in France, after lots of sleeps.
Lots of Love NN&T

Scalthwaiterigg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.