Monday 1 February 2021

Sneaky Cabin Trip

Sav was bumming out so she and I did a runner to Shawnigan for a couple nights. We ate cake, hiked, swam and read. It was awesome.

Savvy - baking pure gold.




Rocket vs Squirrel. You know the outcome...
Dana, our neighbour, between two trees-

Took this selfie on a solo hike. Not because I was beside my favourite mossy rock, or because the morning was magical and I was in nature heaven. All true. But because Rocket had stopped on the trail with his ears pinned back, whimpering, and would not move. I had my hand on the bear spray and invited him to carry on. He shook his head "no", and invited me to go on. We were at a standstill. 
I felt I needed photo evidence of my possible last moments. I yodeled for a bit and gave time to whatever creature was lurking to escape, then Rocket began to walk again. Phew. 

No comments: