Saturday 19 December 2015

Hoi An. Before the Fever.

Last days at the Hoi An beaches. Won't reveal the graphic pics that the kids sketched on their buried dad who was napping in the warm sand bath, none the wiser...
The Roberts kids love the surf!

We had an outstanding cycle home from the beach. We got a bit lost, and caught up in some pathway construction, and we were hot and hungry, and we think it was this day that caused Savvy's fever (heat exhaustion!?), but it was so peacefully and stunning. One of my favourite afternoons so far.

Oh the shame of getting lost amongst the rice paddies and finding myself in this wet concrete path, a stretch that had been painstakingly paved and is now ruined for ever by my clumsiness. How much worse that I couldn't just muscle through and had to stomp through the concrete while looking all around and hoping, praying to Buddha, that none of the locals were watching my destruction!
I am sorry, farmers of Hoi An. I am so sorry!

1 comment:

Leslie Calder said...

great family photo and love you've left your mark in vietnam. How great to have good weather. It was cloudy for my entire 5 weeks there!