Tuesday 17 November 2015

Check your boots!

Savvy and her friends love these new things called Shopkins which they play with and trade at school. Shopkins are tiny plastic models of ordinary things, and they have wee faces on them. (Don't get Glen started on what we now refer to as "Poopkins". He hates them. In order to wind Sav up-- he's threatening to draw faces with a sharpie on our real household items to provide her with an improved Shopkin range, and to spare Sav the expenditure in her pocket money.
...
They really are pretty lame, but don't tell Savvy I said so. I'm trying to be supportive.)

Savvy was playing with her Poopkins at Nana's and gathered them all in her special Poopkin case before hopping in the car to head home.

As we pulled out of the drive-- drama.

"WHERE IS MY FAVOURITE SHOPKIN!?! I'VE LOST IT!!!". Tears, screaming, panic. I try to talk her off the ledge, but this shopkin is really special and worth a serious trade and she is freaking out.

Fast forward through 8 minutes of drama. Mac finally jumps in: "Maybe you left your shopkin at Nana's?".

"NOOOO!!!! I didn't." More drama.

Mac: "But maybe, just maybe you did?"

"NOOOOOOOOOO! Stop saying that, I didn't. It's lost."

This continues.

Mac: "I really think you should stay calm. I bet your shopkin is at Nana's."

Hmmmmmm. I am catching on: "Mac, do you think you might know where Savvy's Shopkin is?"

Mac: "Well, I don't think it's lost. I think it might be at Nana's."

Me: "Mac, tell Savvy about her Shopkin please."

Pause. Finally, just as we are approaching Cambie Village, Mac says, "I bet, just maybe, if you check one of Nana's red boots in her cupboard, you might find that you have left your shopkin in there, at the toe."

Little brothers.

No comments: