Sunday 17 October 2010

Do you see what I see?

Is it the bonus round of flowers from our pots, even though it's already mid Oct? - Nope
Is it the painted doll house inside - a project which Savvy supervised with authoritarian rule before the Delhi trip? - Nope
Is it the beautifully refreshed window sills - all stripped and repainted before the winter madness? YES!
Good job DIY Gal - Elaine. We love her work and will always turn to her for Hope Street and Bridge of Allan house projects. But we also love her cause she's a smoking rider and gives Dob a run for his money on the trails. Which is good to keep the Mega from MegDob in healthy check.

In other news, great to be home and great to have Dob and Savvy back from Kendal. Savvy had an excellent time and has come back with some cracking quotes such as, "It's ok that this jumper is rubbish because I am going to Kendal for my Birthday and Auntie Andrea is going to take me shopping and buy me lots of new things" and "Tilley was naughty even when Nonno had her on the lead. She's to go in the time out corner all the time. That's where I use to be all the time, but not anymore".
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scalthwaiterigg said...

My favourite quote of the week, after someone had buttoned up her coat.
"I have a spare button at the bottom",
I was also tasked with teaching knots, but not allowed to, when I said shall I teach you a reef knot, "No, I can do the one with the rabbit coming out of the hole and round the tree".

Unknown said...

LOL
she is a character & a half, and had us all in stitches more than once. We worked a lot on 'pardon' instead of 'what' which daddy said he has been working on for the last 3 years..........i'm sure I nearly cracked it :-)
With the bag of clothes I gave her(some of which jess doesn't know about, ssshh) she was a little concerned jess had nothing left in her wardrobe but don't worry savvy, it's either in the washing pile or in the ironing pile. I can't recall my suggestion of going shopping but I am sure we can come to some sort of arrangement ;-)

Scalthwaiterigg said...

BUT she is welcome to come back ANY TIME.